Saturday, July 9, 2016

THE AULD BYGONE DAYS

             
Thinking about all the gay apparel of childhood is a living proof of realization that we’re no longer young.

(This has been my  kindergarten 1x1 Identification picture.) 

(Too much happiness was painted on my face, haha!)

I had been started schooling at the age of five as a kindergarten student in Santulan Elementary School. It was all clear on my vivid consciousness the existence of the bygone days and wishing I could play back the ambiance, sounds and feelings of being a child, of course I’m no power to bring those back. Before I went to school, I already knew how to read and write both Filipino and English since my mom taught me when I was still a four-year-old kid. I experienced how to be scolded and hit by her with a hanger every time I failed to read, one way of telling me that I should be infallible and fastidious in doing things and one of those was reading. I didn’t even get a chance to sleep on midday unless I read all the pages in the books. I should read them loud, clear and right, she didn’t want to hear mistakes. So I did. I read even my eyes were nearly closed, even am calling all hears to sleep and be gone for a while. Every day became tumultuous as if reading was a misery and writing was a vice. My mom, I knew her well. I knew she had reached her peak, still she chose to teach me. I knew she had even lost her temper out of too much patience yet she still guided my hands on pencil and paper just to educate me to write. Each day, new words were added to my sagacity and finally got to pronounce it right. Little did I then expect, I knew how to read and write. Thanks to Mom! I’m all hail in reading now.

(She is my friend. Her name is Vanillie.)

I’m not a good kid, a docile yet inexorable maybe. I have flaws and mistakes as child always does, but that is life, full of uncertainties and mischief. We learn even we’re misunderstood and misjudged.   I’m a quite child yet invigorate. I remember my friend when she was no confidence to get along with other kids. I’m always at her side to cheer her up and say things like ‘we’re always be partners no matter what’, until a day came, it was periodical test. My mom reviewed me of the past lessons - numbers, colors, shapes and all. I was too excited to answer when my teacher handed me the paper. I wrote my name at the very top, big and clear; you could almost see it even you’re few yards away from it.

Minutes passed. I was too busy working on my paper when someone stamped on my chair, it vexed me so I looked back, and she was there, my friend, asking me of answers instead of questions. As a friend, I did what I thought was right. I moved my paper on sideways so she could see and copy my answer, not knowing Mrs. Cariaga was on her back watching. She noticed her copying my work and BOOM! Like a dire blow. She was stunned like a rat chasing by an outfox cat. What struck me more was, she even copied my WHOLE NAME! My teacher asked her why she cheated and she didn’t answer, instead she just cried. When the teacher called her mother from the outside, she screeched like a pig. I knew something was up when they went home.
Good thing, we’re still friends ‘till now. J             
And another good thing, I still remember how Mrs. Cariaga always praising me of how good and properly aligned my handwriting was and it pleased me as a child. 
I only had three best friends including my sister. (I don’t think that best friend must always be just one.) We were good friends in time. We were always at each other’s house and can’t be separated. We even took a bath together, barefooted, naked and unashamed, and we’re happy as if we can live this world against all odds. But I don’t think we were still friends now, since we left our old house nine years back though yes… we have been friends on facebook. No chats. No morning conversations like before. No hang outs. All was gone and I missed it. I missed them. But it’s all right. People come and go in our lives and we should accept it even if we can’t. I know I should not be saddened by this fact, it’s always the natural thing, it happens gradually, but if there was one who doesn’t left me and who knew me well, it was my sister. It will always be her.

'We' is always so much better than I. And yes, we will never be good at this. Lol!

I think this is the most sober photo we had together, since we had too much wacky on your phone. 


Okay, I’ll tell you one thing, probably one of my secrets, but since I’ll be pronouncing it, it will no longer be a secret.
My sister is the one whom I trusted most. She is my best friend in life.  If there is one person whom I all hail in honor, it’s her. Well, she doesn’t have any idea about it. Don’t dare to tell her. I know how she would react. I’m imagining her visage now, it makes me laugh. Lol!
I love her, I really do. Love how she influenced me with books, look how I’m too addicted now. Love listening music with her, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, all these bands. Love how we spend most of our time going to Book Sale's and how I always buy her book for she's always BROKE. How sad, she's always like that, still I love her with her 'chinita' eyes gazing with books, even I. Spending time with her is priceless. I cannot say more, I'm being drastic. I love her. I love my Mom and Dad, that's all I could say.
 -------------------------------------------------------------
Years had now nearly elapsed and as I looked past back, I still remembered them all. How I embraced my childhood days like a book when you spend and wasted time for it and happy for experiencing all at once - childhood.




2 comments:

  1. i admire how you are able to write such a blog using deep words and even using your own experience in this. your such a lovable daughter and sister keep this up who knows your not only in reading but writing also . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and by the way your sister is more beautiful than you hahahaha joke bff :)

    ReplyDelete